SOUTHEND VIRTUAL 10K and 3K- September 21-27, 2020
For obvious reasons Southend AC felt that it would be inappropriate to run the "Real" Southend 10K this year.
We are pleased to announce our virtual race with all profits going to Charity. Click below to register
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE VIRTUAL RACE **
- Your 10K route can be anywhere you want
- That said we would actively encourage NOT to follow the normal published 10K route to avoid overcrowding at various times particularly at the weekend.
- Stay safe and make sure you are well hydrated.
- If you are showing any COVID symptoms – please do not attempt to race.
- Please observe social distancing rules when running – we would advise a 2 metre gap whatever is said.
- Please treat other road users with respect.
Keep safe and well and enjoy the run. Hopefully 2021 will be a “REAL” 10K
The Southend 10K is the one of the largest and long standing 10K road races in the area and certainly the largest that takes part on a fully road closed course. Having always been staged on the first Sunday in October
We are proud to say that 2019 was the 35th running of the event which benefits from a well supported seafront course. The weather conditions were not ideal this year but at least the rain kept off but the return leg saw some challenging blustery conditions.
We trust you appreciated the bespoke medal and technical t-shirt.
I have been a member of Southend AC for over 10 years and this year was my fifth as race director. Over the last few years, we made a number of significant changes to the event, not least the decision to move HQ across to the other side of Lifstan Way and into Southchurch Park East, which I believe has proved to be an ideal new home for our event. The course itself has remained largely unchanged and three years ago were pleased to be able to reintroduce the children’s 3K race.
Over the years, the Southend 10K has supported and raised funds for Havens Hospices, a relationship which continues again this year.
Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you at next year’s event.